We have a responsibility to ensure that all athletes can train, live and thrive for generations to come. We develop new products and innovative materials because we’re dedicated to finding ways to help solve today’s problems for a better tomorrow with a focus on maximum performance and minimum impact.
- 0.5M tons of GHG emissions reduced through increasing our use of environmentally preferred materials to 50% of all key materials
- 10% waste reduction per unit in manufacturing, distribution, headquarters and packaging through improved design and operational efficiency
- 100% waste diverted from landfill in our extended supply chain with at least 80% recycled back into NIKE products and other goods
- 10X the amount of finished product waste refurbished, recycled or donated
- 25% reduction fresh water usage per kg in textile dyeing and finishing
- Adopt clean chemistry alternatives for our 10 priority chemistries across our supply chain
- 99.9% of our manufacturing scraps at our Tier 1 finished goods footwear suppliers were diverted from landfills
- Since FY15, more than 47 million kgs of manufacturing scraps were recycled into new footwear products
- NIKE exceeded its FY20 target by achieving a 30% REDUCTION in textile dyeing and finishing supplier freshwater use per kilogram of material, which translates to a cumulative 40B LITERS of freshwater avoided by our suppliers since FY16
More related highlights can be found in the FY20 Nike Impact Report.