We have a responsibility to ensure that all athletes can train, live and thrive for generations to come. We develop new products and innovative materials because we’re dedicated to finding ways to help solve today’s problems for a better tomorrow with a focus on maximum performance and minimum impact.
- Deliver products for maximum performance with minimum impact, with a 10% reduction in the average environmental footprint
- Increase use of sustainable materials in footwear and apparel
- Source 100% of our cotton more sustainably across NIKE, Inc.
- Enable Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC)
- Eliminate footwear manufacturing waste to landfill or incineration, while continuing to reduce overall waste
More related targets can be found in the FY19 Nike Impact Report
- 76% of Nike brand footwear and apparel products use some recycled materials, from footwear uppers to entire jerseys
- >7.5B plastic bottles diverted from landfills and waterways and transformed into recycled polyester footwear and apparel since 2010
- 99.9% of footwear manufacturing waste was recycled by contract factories or converted to energy
- >30M pairs of shoes recycled into running tracks, playgrounds, and other surfaces since the launch of Reuse-A-Shoe
- Circular Design Guide created with students and staff of Central Saint Martins, University of the Arts London, and with inspiration from Global Fashion Agenda, to share a common language for circularity