We want a world where everyone can thrive on a healthy planet. To achieve it, we’re taking a stand for climate action through Move to Zero, our journey towards a zero carbon, zero waste future. We are committed to taking a leadership role and working collaboratively with others across industry.
- 70% absolute reduction of GHG emissions in owned or operated facilities through 100% renewable electricity and fleet electrification
- Greenhouse gas emissions from key suppliers’ manufacturing and transportation operations will be at or below 202 levels despite anticipated business growth, through use of renewable energy, energy efficiency, and alternative fuels
- 0.5M tons of GHG emissions reduced through increasing our use of environmentally preferred materials to 50% of all key materials
- To meet our 2030 Science-Based Target, we need to reduce our carbon footprint by 65% in owned or operated spaces and by 30% across our extended supply chain
- Fashion Industry Charter for Climate Action under the auspices of UN Climate Change
- Commitments to Paris Climate Agreement
- Science Based Targets
- G7 Fashion Pact
More climate commitments can be found here.
- We used 100% renewable energy in U.S. and Canada for our owned and operated sites
- Globally, NIKE was powered by 48% renewable energy in FY20
- Since FY15, our footwear suppliers have achieved a nearly 10% reduction in energy consumption per pair produced
More related highlights can be found in the FY20 Nike Impact Report.