NIKE collaborates with competitors, governments, academia, NGOs and industries to develop a shared understanding of the challenges and opportunities we face. Together we identify barriers, advance solutions through strategic partnerships and help to create the conditions that enable solutions to scale.
- Arctic Shipping Pledge: We teamed up with the Ocean Conservancy to establish an Arctic Shipping Pledge, a commitment to not intentionally send ships through the Arctic out of concern for the negative environmental impact. Initial corporate pledge signatories include Bestseller, Columbia, Gap Inc., H&M Group, Kering, Li & Fung, PVH Corp., and several ocean carriers.
- Fashion Industry Charter for Climate Action: Nike joined UN Climate Change and global brands, retailers and suppliers in accelerating some of the industry’s most aggressive climate targets yet – including a 30 percent reduction in aggregate greenhouse gas emissions by 2030 and a vision to achieve net-zero emissions by 2050.
- Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC): Nike is a founding member of the SAC, an industry-wide group of more than 200 leading apparel and footwear brands, retailers, suppliers, academics and NGOs working to reduce the environmental impacts of apparel and footwear products. We have worked with SAC since 2009 to create an industry approach to the environmental foot-printing of footwear and apparel products.
- Fair Labor Association (FLA): Formed in 1999, the FLA is a collaborative effort of socially responsible companies, colleges and universities, and civil society organizations to improve working conditions in factories around the world. Nike’s compliance program is accredited by the FLA.
- Girls, Inc: Girls Inc. inspires all girls to be strong, smart and bold, through direct service and advocacy. The network of local Girls Inc. nonprofit organizations serves girls ages 6-18 at more than 1,400 sites in 337 cities across the United States and Canada. Nike has teamed up with Girls Inc. to support their “Sporting Chance” program that helps girls build a foundation for enjoying sports, adventure and physical activity throughout their lives